CANZA is the Czech Australian New Zealand Association which I happen to be a board member of. We organise a lot of events to bring together Czech, Australian and New Zealand culture. Our main event is the Annual Charity Christmas Ball which this year will be held at the InterContinental Hotel Prague on Saturday 6 December. For this year’s ball we have prepared the following program:
- a traditional performance by Australian Aboriginal artist Francis Firebrace
- didgeridoo performance
- live band Crowded Out, the leading tribute band for the world famous New Zealand act Crowded House, flying in for one night only
- a DJ who will spin tunes till the early hours of the morning
- a charity auction to raise funds for Czech Children's charity Chance 4 Children featuring holidays in Europe as well as unique cultural and sporting memorabilia from Australia and New Zealand
- a four course dinner and all drinks, including super Australian and New Zealand wines
The ticket price is 1950 CZK per person and includes all entertainment, the four course dinner and all drinks, including those Aussie and Kiwi wines. To make a real night of it (after booking the babysitter) you can take advantage of the InterContinental Prague’s special deal on accommodation at only 110 Euros per night for a double room.
Dress code is relaxed, you can go all out in formal wear (Karen recommends this formal hire company Klienod in Prague 4) or turn up in smart casual attire. Guests are further encouraged to help out by bringing along a wrapped gift for a disadvantaged child to receive at Christmas.
I've been to previous CANZA Balls as has Karen and we've really enjoyed a great night out so can highly recommend it. This year Darina will join us too, so come along, say 'G'day' and have fun as well! I should also emphasise that you don't have to be Czech, Australian or New Zealander to attend, absolutely everyone is welcome.
Tickets to the ball are available through the CANZA website or by calling +420 773 991 947. The event sells out quickly so early registration is encouraged to avoid disappointment.
WHEN: Saturday 6 December 2008 from 7.30pm till late
ADDRESS: InterContinental Hotel, Namesti Curieovych 43/5, Prague 110 00
FURTHER INFORMATION: see http://www.canza.cz or phone +420 773 991 947
DIRECTIONS: The InterContinental Hotel Prague is right in the centre at the and of the famous Parizka Street. The closest metro station is Staromestka, Green line A. Or take tram 17 to tram stop: Pravnicka Fakulta ( Law Faculty of Prague - right in front of the hotel).